You do not need to be Catholic to attend our school however it's important to understand that our school experience is influenced by the values and teachings of the Catholic faith, based on the Gospel Values of Jesus.
The tenet of Catholic Social Teaching underpins our endeavor, our decision-making, and our culture at St Augustine's.
- Human Dignity - everyone is made in God's own image
- Common Good - what is best for everyone?
- Solidarity - we are all in this together
- Subsidiarity - all people should have a voice, especially those who are vulnerable.
- Participation - all people contribute to the community
- Stewardship of Creation - we care for and look after the earth
- Preferential Option for the Poor - this means that decisions are made in light of how they will affect the least advantaged
Animated by our Catholic faith and in partnership with our families, we encourage children to participate in Prayer, Masses, Liturgies, and social justice initiatives.
Our Catholic Identity is co-shared with the Salisbury Parish team and children have many opportunities to explore this Identity in the classroom and in the Parish setting.
Our teachers use the Crossways curriculum to inform their teaching as well as MITIOG - the human sexuality curriculum.