Families of every faith and those who identify with no faith are welcome in our school community.
You do not need to be Catholic to attend or work in our school however it's important to understand that our school experience is heavily influenced by the values and teachings of the Catholic faith.
The tenets of Catholic Social Teaching underpins our endeavour, our decision making, our culture and our way of being at St Augustine's.
- Human Dignity - everyone is made in God's own image
- Common Good - what is best for everyone?
- Solidarity - we are all in this together
- Subsidiarity - all people should have a voice
- Participation - all people work and contribute to the community
- Stewardship of Creation - we care for and look after the earth
- Preferential Option for the Poor - we make decisions in light of how they will affect the least advantaged
Animated by our Catholic faith and in partnership with our families we create opportunities for encountering life to the full.
We intend to be mindful of all needs in finding the best way forward and we employ the approach of 'See, Judge, Act' in our decision making we look at the issue, understand the aspects of the issue, and then discern how to go forward.
We believe children are entitled to the opportunity to develop a relationship with God and give children the opportunity to learn how this is lived out from a Catholic worldview.