From humble beginnings in 1954, families in the northern suburbs of Adelaide and beyond.
The early years
In the 1950s, the City of Elizabeth was established and industry such as the GMH factory was established. The City of Salisbury thrived and The Dominican Sisters of North Adelaide were invited to open a co-educational Catholic Parish primary school.
Beginning with one building comprising of three classrooms, the sisters initially travelled by car to Salisbury daily. Before long, a second building with two more classrooms was needed.
In the late 1960s, the Salisbury Catholic Parish decided to build a new building on the current school site, and in the 1970s an 'open space unit' was built.
Our motto of 'Truth' comes from the Dominican 'Veritas'.
At St Augustine's, we pride ourselves on striving for truth in all things.
We are inspired by the work of St Augustine of Hippo and use our understanding of the changing needs of families in our local community, to equip students with a strong sense of identity, a mission of hope and optimism, empathy for others, and a continuing search for truth as God desires.